YouIsEated
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MUTEMATH - Armistice: Additional Thoughts

Go down

MUTEMATH - Armistice: Additional Thoughts Empty MUTEMATH - Armistice: Additional Thoughts

Originally, I was going to write an entirely new review for this disc after it officially released and I was able to hear it some more, but I feel as though my first impressions review actually covers it quite nicely. However, I do have a few more thoughts to throw in.

First, there is a lot of neat interplay between guitarist Greg Hill and bassist Roy Mitchell-Cardenas. They weave their parts together more than most guitar-bassist duos, and do so to create a really neat effect.

Second, a few songs continue to grow on me to the point where they are now favorites on the album in addition to “Clipping” and “Burden”. ”Pins & Needles” is a beautifully melancholy track, and the lyrics match the tone wonderfully, putting into words what I think a lot of people would love to say. Also, I know I mentioned “Electrify” before, but I think it bears mentioning again, since before, I really just mentioned it in passing. It really is a great, fun song. It may not be the most original in MUTEMATH’s repretoire, but what it lacks in originality, it makes up for in great songwriting and execution.

Thats all for now, and probably for good on this album until I make my best of 2009 list.
deudbus
deudbus
Mod!
Mod!

Death Cookies : 5675

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit